- Emerson, Ralph Waldo - Conservatism makes no poetry, breathes no prayer, has no invention; it is all memory. Reform has no gratitude, no prudence, no husbandry.
- Happiness - Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have.
Rabbi H. Schachtel
- Happiness - The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
Allan K. Chalmers
- Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -T. S. Eliot
- I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy. -J. D. Salinger
- If you don't have time to do something twice, you don't have time to do something twice. - Unknown
- Imagination - Imagination rules the world.
- Laughter - Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
- Leadership - Leaders are visionaries with a poorly developed sense of fear and no concept of the odds against them.
Dr. Rober Jarvik, inventor of the Jarvik-7 artificial heart
- Life - The principal mark of genius is not perfection but originality, the opening of new frontiers.
- Life - One crowded hour of glorious life
Is worth an age without a name
Sir Walter Scott
- Life - A moment's insight is sometimes worth a life's experience.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Love - Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Love - Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
- Love - In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.
- Misc - In those simple relationships of loving husband & wife, affectionate sisters. . . there are innumerable shades of sweetness and anguish which make up the pattern of our lives.
Will Cather, Not Under Forty
- No exercise is better for the human heart than reaching down to lift up another person. - Texas Business Man
- Stats - There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Disraeli, Benjamin (quoted by Mark Twain)
- Stats Quotations
- Success - He has achieved success, who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much...
Bessie A. Stanley
- Take everything you like seriously, except yourselves. -Rudyard Kipling
- Tech - As with all sensible solutions, the answer lies not in the technology, but in its appropriate use.
Molly E. Holzschlag
- Time - Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream.
- Wise - Do not let the merely urgent interfere with the truly important.